Covid-19: Reopening the Studios
We reopened our studios on Tuesday, May 26th.
In order to open our studios and provide a safe environment for our students we are implementing various cleaning and sanitizing protocols as well as modifying how we teach our students. As excited as we are about opening our studios, this isn’t going to be an easy task. We are going to need the support of our instructors, students, and parents to make this a smooth process.
We ask that parents read the following details explaining how we are making the studios safer for our students, what is expected of our students to attend class as well as the new payment and scheduling policies for the parents.
If after reading the details you understand them and want to start classes again, please reach out to us about reserving a spot in class.
Things we will be doing to make the studios safer for our students:
- Spacing out art stations by at least 6 feet.
- Smaller class sizes to account for at least 6 feet between art stations.
- Implementing cleaning and sanitizing protocols during and after classes.
- Setting up art stations for each student before the start of class.
- Limiting student movement throughout the class room.
- Having students clean up one at a time at the end of class.
Student guidelines for attending art classes:
- Any students showing signs of sickness (coughing, running nose, etc…) will not be able to attend class.
- Bring smock to class: until further notice we will not be providing use of our art smocks at the studios. Please send your children to their art class with their own art smock. A shirt or something that they can wear or put on their lap that will protect their clothes.
- At this time, we require that you send your children to class with a face mask.
- They will be required to wear the face mask in these circumstances:
- Upon entering the studio and going to their art station that will already be setup for them.
- When they are moving about the class room.
- When an instructor needs to approach them for individualized instruction.
- Students will be required to wash their hands:
- Upon entering the studio, before they head to their art station.
- Before browsing through the art library, such as the art books and step drawing books.
- At the end of class before they leave.
- Until further notice, we will not be providing drinking water to students during class.
- Students will not be permitted to move freely about the class, outside of using the restroom and under the direction of the instructors.
- Students must bring their pastels, watercolor kits, and oil kits to class. We won’t be allowing students to pay to borrow studio supplies any more. We will still provide studio supplies such as paper, pencils, and erasers.
- We will provide supplies for students doing their free introductory art class.
- Student drop off:
- Parents will not be allowed inside of the studio – unless for an emergency.
- Parents will need to drop off their children at the door and pick them up outside of the door after class is over.
- As our policy has always stated, you will not be able to drop your kids off earlier than 5 minutes before their class start time.
- Students will be allowed to enter the studio under the guidance of the our instructors, one at a time.
- If you have any questions while you are outside of the studio, you can reach the program directors via the studio phones:
- Bonita 619-508-1299
- La Mesa 619-857-1270
- Santee 619-855-2787
- Student pick up:
- Until further notice we will suspend the art shows at the end of class.
- This will allow us ample time to clean the studios thoroughly between classes and prevent the congregation of parents in the studios.
- Please plan to pick up students one hour after class has started. We ask that you are patient with us while the students are cleaning up one by one before they leave the studio.
- Parents will need to practice social distancing while waiting outside the studios.
Studio policies for payments, cancellations, and schedule changes:
- Tuition and supply payments: all payments will be made electronically, either online through our new online store or through invoices we email you.
- It will be the responsibility of the parents to go online the last week of the month to pay for their tuition for the next month. You will have to pay by the 1st of the next month in order to reserve your spot for that month.
- We will email reminders towards the end of the month to pay tuition online.
- Tuition payments received after the 1st of the month will incur a $5 late fee.
- We will waive the invoice convenience fees until further notice.
- Class cancellations and makeups:
- To cancel a class the day of or the night before for early morning classes, you must call or text message the studio you attend to cancel. Please leave a clear message with student’s name and their class day and time.
- Makeup class policy: in order to get makeup classes for missed classes you must call or text the studio you attend before 12pm the day of class for all afternoon classes or before 6pm the night before an early morning class.
- Schedule changes:
- Any class schedule changes or requests will have to be done by communicating with Larisse via the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any schedule change or request to be official, it will have to have been confirmed via Larisse with an email back to you.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we implement the above policies. This will allow us to open our studios in a safe manner.